Save the planet and save your budget by investing in reusable snack bags.
Ditch single-use sandwich baggies (or most of them at least) by swapping to reusable snack/sandwich bags.
These bags feature a food safe water resistant lining that is laundry safe, no exposed seams, and a snap top to keep items inside.
Bags are handmade from consciously obtained fabrics and are sewn in very small batch, limited runs. They measure approximately 6" wide x 3.5" tall and have a snap closure top.
Though called "snack bags" these little treasures have countless uses. Some include:
- snacks for school, work, car rides, hiking, and picnics
- pet treats - really good for keeping your pockets clean while training or for separating types of treats
- makeup bag for makeup essentials
- purse organization
- toiletries when traveling (great for soap!)
- a replacement for nearly any time you would use a single-use sandwich bag
The lining fabric has been tested for over 300+ washes in the laundry! Depending on how soiled the they are, these bags can be turned inside out and cleaned with a quick wipe down at the sink, with soap and water, or laundered in the washing machine. Just air dry if possible.
- Most fabrics used by The Greener Gift are secondhand, deadstock, or upcycled. Occasionally we need to purchase new and typically do so from small businesses. In the case of sandwich/snack bags, the lining fabric needed to be purchased new, and for it to be food safe and waterproof it had to be a synthetic fiber. Much consideration was put into the current choice of linings in order to give you a quality product with with as sustainable and responsible of a fabric as we could. Here are the details of the very conscious choice that was made:
The lining fabric is ProCare® Foodsafe waterproof fabric and is made waterproof with a high quality, phthalate free PVC. It is durable, washable, and lasts 2-3 times longer than other vinyls because if it's unique process. There are no harmful agents used, and it is compliant with CPSIA phthalate guidelines. It is latex and BPA free, and conforms to the CA Prop. 65 requirements which are more stringent than others. PVC is considered a sustainable polymer as it is made from 57% common rock salt, and 43% hydrocarbons from oil making it less oil dependent (with a lower carbon footprint) than other major thermoplastics. The manufacturing plant and suppliers follow Health, Safety and Environmental protocols (EPA and OSHA) to ensure the products are produced with minimum environmental impact and waste materials are recycled and reused in other products.
- There are feline sewing helpers regularly present, so all Greener Gift products are very much not from a pet free location. Every effort is made to send packages free of cat hair, but we feel it's important to inform you in case you have severe allergies.